Scorpion Bite vs. Warper

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Scorpion Bite vs. Warper

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:26 am

That's a nasty looking weapon. Fortunately, it's avoidable. Warper has twice the speed of SB, and though he has rollers that allow for an incredibly small turning circle, I still have twice the speed, and really, he only has about 90 degrees of attack. So I'll come out at him immediately and keep trying to get to his side. If I need to, reverse it to try and catch him off-guard. Any way I can, whether by speed, by guile or a combo of the two, get under a side or the rear, and push. I should be able to get under with my scoop-like wedges and push him around. I'll push to the Hammer, the Drum, Floor Spinner, any hazard I can use, I will. He has an armor of four, which isn't too bad, but the hazards should be able to mark him up, even the hinged wedgings of 6 strength. Keep him pinned into the hazard, let him go when forced to, and get back at him again. And keep avoiding that nasty spinning bar!!

If I can't avoid the bar altogether, then I'll have to try and stop it. By jamming it. I'll attack it head on, by going for the side that has the bar spinning inward. If the bar doesn't knock me aside, it should draw me in, and when it does, I'll be stuck in there, with the weapon stuck and not spinning. From there, I can move him to the hazards and hold him there. I'll try to back out of my own accord when I have to, but if I can't, oh well, they'll stop us and separate us. At restart, get in before he can spin up again. Even if the bar does knock me aside instead of drawing me in, I have a decent torque, so I shouldn't get knocked too far, plus I'll more than likely hit his side wedge, so I should still be able to work my way in. But this strategy is ONLY if I'm having too much trouble getting to his sides or rear.

Good luck Alex.

Siphai

Scorpion Bite vs. Warper

Post by Siphai » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:18 pm

Scorpion Bite
Speed: 3
Weapon: 14
Armor: 4
Torque: 1

Warper
Armor: 6
Speed: 7
Torque: 5
Weapon: 4

Why hello Warper. Lemme just start this off by saying one thing:

This is for Keshik.

Warper's back with his nearly useless (but considerably more useful than the last) spinning weapons. He has nice armor, with an 8 for his plow wedges but here's the thing. Warper didn't have this problem with his old shape - a circle doesn't leave any corners open for spinners to grab onto and tear from. Unfortunatly, the square shape of Warper's new design brings this weakness into play. Add into the fact that Influenza was able to do some nice damage, and the fact that my weapon is even more powerful than Influenza, and we've got a potential winner here.

He's considerable more faster than me, but really all I need to do is keep my spinner facing his bot and keep smacking him with my weapon. I'm thinking that each time we meet, he's going to be taking quite a bit of damage, and we'll both be tossed away so that I can get my weapon up to speed. I just want to keep hitting him, and maybe even rip off a plow by smacking that corner (The main place where I want to target my attacks).

That's basically it, besides watching out for the pin.

Good luck.