The Arbiter vs. Stampede

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Arbiter vs. Stampede

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:48 pm

Again, I'm not sure which set-up he's using, but in the general sense I'll be trying to avoid his weapon, so offensively it isn't of great importance to me. Also, I'm a bit faster, so that should aid me in avoiding his weapon.

I'll come out around the nail and I'll be going for an angled attack to his side/front (just not right at his weapon) and try to force my way under. Once I can do that, I'll flip him and try and get him upside down. His weapon power is rather low, so him re-righting himself should be a laboreous process, and I'll be right there to take advantage. I'll try to wedge him again and flip him again, and this will be the blueprint for the rest of my fight. The only other major thing I'll try to work in will be to incorporate any hazards, if practical (that is to say, nearby and realitivly easy to get him there). Basically, if I can avoid his weapon, i should be more or less okay, since I think I should be able to get under him from any other spot with my attack plan. Defensivly, I want to keep my front facing him at ALL times, and I want to avoid running into the nail or something foolish like that.

Good Luck.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Kiazi

The Arbiter vs. Stampede

Post by Kiazi » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:45 am

Stampede
Speed: 5
Weapon: 3
Armor: 9
Torque: 5

Arbiter
Speed: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 6
Armor: 7

I will be using the Low Rider Arm for this fight.

With the low rider arm, my smaller surface area should allow me to get under his weapon and under his body (His wedges are stationary so they have a higher clearance). I will make sure to keep my front facing him by turning in a lovely circle. However, I may not be able to avoid a side attack if he tries for one so I will address that first.

If he goes for a side attack, he will pop one of my wedges into the air but my treads will still be in touch with the ground. So using my tank drive, I turn on the spot and scoop under him and lift him and take him to the wall or hazard.

If we end up doing a face to face confrontation, I should have the advantage since my weapon will slip right past his (with my gap) and I will lift and slam him.

Memos
1. In order for his flipper to effect, he must reach a part of my body that he can actually flip. Considering that Stampede is surrounded by hinged wedges, he will have to get past them to get to something he can grip for a flip.
2. Even with the spikes, my treads can touch so my speed shouldn