Phobia vs. JOLT

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Phobia vs. JOLT

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:11 pm

It's AMP's older brother and he's just as powerful. Although fortunately, he doesn't have those hinged wedges.

What I plan to do is move in with the wedges. A few hits on my wedge might knock him off balance, but if it doesn't I have to keep trying to move closer and closer to his main chassis. If and when I do, this is my BIG chance to put a hurtin' on this rookie. Since I have a weapon of 6, when I strike his motors with my hammers, they should probably get severely damaged within a few hits. So the main objective is to just hammer the crap out of his actual chassis. It's simple but if it works, he should probably get KOed. With an armor of 3, he can't afford to take too much damage. Also once I do get up to him, I will probably be able to get under him and continue to shove him into the wall. If I do, hold him there while I continue to pound away at his feeble armor. Repeat the process. Good luck.

Minion33088

Phobia vs. JOLT

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:30 pm

JOLT:
Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 3

Phobia:
Speed: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 6
Armor: 6

Ok, first of all I want to give a brief explanation of omni drive. Omni-drive robots use special wheels 45* or 120* off of eachother. This allows them to drive like a normal bot, and also strafe side to side in a straight line. This is possible because each wheel is make up of tiny free-rolling wheels which roll when moving in certain directions instead of skidding like normal wheels.

Phobia's armor is 8 on most of his front end, but my 14 weapon shouldn't have too much trouble damaging it. At first I want to spin up and move out away from the wall. He'll probably try to rush in, but I don;t thing a speed of 7 can quite do it. In the beginning of the match I don't want to strafe too much, as I want to save that trick for later, but I'll do so if I have to.
This bot should technically be jsut as capable destruction which as AMP (actually more so due to the upgraded weapon), but JOLT can also avoid enemy weapons simply by strafing left or right of them. Like Phobia's hammers. When I get in close and I think he'd going to fire the hammers, I'll simply strafe left or right; whichever side has a clear area.
Phobia will have no choice but to attack me, and I'll use my hit-and-run technique, which is to hit them and cause them to go spinning off away from me, at which point I will drive in the opposite direction and allow my bot to spin back up). he may have the speed advantage, but he won't be able to touch me as long as my weapon is spinning.

If he fires the hammer and my weapon is spinning, there is no way he cna reach my weapon motors, or even my chassis. All he'll do is screw up his hammers. However, if he does stop my weapon, hopefully I can get away, but if not my etek cages should be good for a a blow or 2.

RECAP: be aggressive when possible, hit and run, and strafe out of danger.

Good luck Chris!