Barrier vs. AMP

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Barrier vs. AMP

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:55 pm

I believe this is the second or third time we fought. I forget.....

Anyways, it's pretty simple here. He's a power spinner and a pretty darn good one. However, with that power comes instability. Especially against a low, fast and dangerous lifter like Barrier. Therefore, my main goal is to either get AMP off balanced and make him self destruct or just get under him fast enough that I flip him.

What I will do first is go out and around the nail, then charge him with the lifter down. I've gotten under him before, so it's likely that it won't be much different here. I will charge him and hard to try to stop his spinning, send him flying, whatever. Just stop his spinning and get under him. Then toss him to the wall while I raise the lifter and try to flip him on his ass. Now, I know AMP has selfrighted in the past but I believe there have been a few instances where he hasn't too. So I hope if I flip him, that's all I need to do. If he does self right, I will stay right beside him so when he gets back on his wheels, I will be right there waiting to get under him again. I will keep doing this the whole match. Just keep charging him, being aggressive as all hell and making sure I slam him around the arena. Get him to the hazards if I can. Good luck.

Minion33088

Barrier vs. AMP

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:14 pm

AMP:
Speed: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 3

Barrier:
Speed: 8
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3
Armor: 8

Barrier is a pretty low bot, but I pretty sure I can still reach him. When he comes at me I plan to turn off to one side or the other so I avoid the lifter, but hit the front corner of his bot with my weapon. Only 1 or 2 blows to any given hinged wedge should render it useless when trying to get under me, so I'm aiming to damage alteast his front 2 wedges.
I know his hinged wedges can get under me, but his lifter will only get under my hinged wedge if he's pushing it into the ground really good, but I really doesn't want to take a chance and find out.

After every hit, both of us will be thrown back slightly. I'll use this opportunity to drive away from him as I spin the weapon to full power. Rinse and repeat. So long as I can keep the weapon going, he cannot get the lifter under me. Hopefully I can go the whole match without him stopping my spinner, but even if he does, he has to properly position his lifter and flip me to have a chance at taking me out. I should be able to self-right. The only reason I can remember for AMP not self-righting was the fact that the weapon somehow shorted out against the metal floor. Well now that can't happen.

Basically this fight will write itself. It comes down to whether or not Barrier can survive long enough to get my spinner stopped and flip me before I get back up to speed. Whowill win? We'll find out...

Good luck Chris.