Celestial Slayer vs. Double Dose

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:47 pm

As far as stats go, he's got the slight advantage in speed and weapon but I've got the better armor. Therefore, hopefully I will be able to last longer and when it's two spinner colliding like us, it's an important factor. I will go out carefully (avoiding the nail) and going for his front. However, I will strike him with the back antennas. I said earlier that they are meant for taking in damage and that's exactly what I am going to use them for here. SO once I hit him, I might get smacked away but I will charge forward, swing myself around and hit him quickly with the vertical disc. By then he should be fully scooped up into my plow. This is where I can toss him all over the arena and won't be able to do much about it. Once I have him off the ground, I can tear up his underbelly, push him into the hazards and completely own the aggression and damage points simultaneously. Now I'm not saying that it's going to be easy against his weapon, but if I use the strategy well enough, it will definitely work and I should be able to get him into that situation at least a few times during the match.

He's not much faster than me, so I don't have to worry about him outdriving me. It's pretty much weapon to weapon. The good news for me, though is that I have the antennas to foil the spinner (or at least try). If he's comes at me with his wedge, I'll just see if I am lower. If I am, cool, nothing to worry about. If I don't, he won't be able to utilize it a lot. Since I would get stopped by his flat surface and then he'd have to rely on his torque to push me around. However, since his toqrue is 1, he can't really do that.

Repeat my main strategy as many times as possible and try to come back at him no matter what happens. Be relentless. Good luck.

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:16 pm

Double Dose:
Speed: 7
Torque: 1
Weapon: 10
Armor: 4

Celestial Slayer:
Speed: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9
Armor: 6

Okey dokey. His plow has an armor of 8, which may prove somewhat difficult for my weapon to damage, but if I hit it just right I should be able to get in some good shots. The plow is mostly curved, but it also has a nice angle to it on the corners which should allow me to get a good "Bite" on him. Hopefully I can aim my bot well enough to smack his plow on this edge and cause him to go off in the opposite direction. Also, If I can hit him from the side, I should be able to catch the back edge of his plow and really screw it up, probably bending it and making the leading edge askew, making it hard for him to wedge under me. Also, his wheel guards look sturdy, but they're also close the his wheels, so I may be able to bend one into his wheel.

Now, it's been awhile since Celestial Slayer has had a fight, but I believe Chris's strategy was to go at his opponent with the wedge, scoop them into the weapon, and push them to a hazard as the weapon does it's job. Well, fortunately, this means that in order to use the weapon, he must first wedge under me. I'll of course make this difficult by driving my ass off and putting my speed advantage to work. If I go at him head on, I'll approach, then slow down, bring my weapon to bear on his plow, and then get our of there before he can do his thing.
Hopefully his slower speed will make it too difficult to properly scoop under me and therefore make it hard for him to use the weapon. If I can avoid his weapon, he won't be able to do too much to me and I'll be scoring all the points. Eventually I hope to mangle his plow to the point which it interferes with his weapon. At that point I can continue to attack without fear of him attacking me.

If I lose my weapon, I can still go on as a wedge. my wedge will undoubtedly be lower than his, but I'll still have to attack his sides due to his slightly higher torque. If I enter wedge-mode, I'll aim to drive him to the nearest hazard, or simply pin him.

Well, I guess that's it. Good luck champ!