Manta vs Sand Crab

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

BEES

Manta vs Sand Crab

Post by BEES » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:49 pm

Team Yellow Alert

succotash_54

Manta vs Sand Crab

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:41 am

I'm not entirely sure how the locomotion of Manta works, but I'm sure that it does, unlike the SRiMech on V'Ger. (oh snap!) What is important, however, is that he's faster than me, so I've got to do some really careful driving on this. I had to go to YouTube to figure out how Ziggy's flipper worked to understand this one, and luckily I'm not a dryer, so that bodes well for me. Anyhoo, with a power of 9, it's a mean mutha. Fortunately, I am invertible, and have an armor that's just one shy of his weapon, so I can take what he dishes out.

I'm gonna come out with the plow raised, and attack with a wedge first. Since he's faster, I'm not really gonna be able to avoid meeting him head on. So I'll do that. His flipper is wedged a little nicer than the actual Ziggy, but mine's hinged so I hope to get under the arm. Once I'm underneath, I'll push to the nearest hazard, and try to keep him from escaping me. Hold him at the hazard until he's incapaciated. If he gets under my wedge, back off before he flips it, though it should hold. Keep trying to get him knocked out this way.

If he goes over the top of my body, use the plows to push him back over. Maybe I can even flip him in the process. Push him into a hazard while he tries to self-right.

If I should get a chance at his sides, utilize it. Get the plow under a side and lift immediately. That should get at least 2, likely 3, and maybe all four balloon feet off the ground. If that works, flip him and push him into the hazards while he rerights and keep going at him this way.

No witty comment for this one, sorry. Good luck Nick.