Lyra VS Reaper (ARC Arena)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Lyra VS Reaper (ARC Arena)

Post by GF93 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:36 pm

OK then, looks like my last chance to earn something back for Lyra. She's had a pretty rough time of it here, but let's see what needs doing to win against the personification of death itself...with a Flipper to complement the usual axe, nonetheless!

Analysis
It looks to be a pretty sleek and low Mortis-esque design. He's got some good torque behind him, along with the two powerful weapons in the form of the Axe and the Flipper. I'll want to be especially careful when attacking him to avoid damage.

However- whilst he's got the attacking power down, he's lacking by quite a lot in other areas. Most notably, in his protection from me- his 4 Wedge stat is a good deal lower than my 6, and his Armour is particularly low, so there's a good chance that I'll be able to pierce his chassis with my Spike as well as flip him about.
He's also a bit slower at 5, and his Traction is significantly lower at 4, so I'll be the faster, more controlled and agile machine of the two.

Strategy
Game on. Move out quickly, watch for which direction he tries to come out at me with his weaponry, and focus on getting him from either the sides or front corners with my front Wedge to get underneath. Once I am underneath, fire the Spike to either flip him or pierce his chassis. Whichever happens is beneficial to me, since it opens opportunities for me to follow up and/or control him.

When attacking, focus on keeping him flipped over and being shoved about by me as much as possible- keep rolling him over with the Spike, drive underneath him to prevent him from self-righting, approach him from the corners and sides when he's on his wheels, and do whatever it takes to keep from bringing the axe into play.
Make particularly good use of the hazards here- all of them will be very useful. Force him into the Drum with my Rear Scoop to damage his armour, warp his wedges and help flip him over, use the Killsaws to slash up his wedges/tyres, and use my chassis and Spike to box him in underneath the Pulverisers to quickly deal massive damage to his 4 Armour. Generally, be unpredictable and aggressive in my approaches.

In terms of my defence, the most important thing to remember will be to not approach him directly from the front. In particular- if he flips me, I'll be in trouble. Hopefully he shouldn't do, but if he does, use the Drum to kick myself back over. Keep constantly moving and be unpredictable throughout, and attack him from different angles each time if I can. Push back against him if he tries to shove me, keep away from the hazards when I'm not taking him to them myself, and do everything I can to avoid his weapons and counter with some nice flipping and ramming attacks of my own.

Overall, be careful around his weapons, but utilise his slow speed and poor defence against him in order to take the win. Be aggressive and unpredictable, and make good use of my flipping Spike and the environment to wreck his 4 Armour and prevent him from using his weapons effectively. If it all goes to plan, I hope to be able to KO him on damage, but a win on Aggression and Strategy would be great, too. As long as I win here, that's the main thing.

Right, hopefully that should cover a win for Lyra. Good luck though Helloface, show me what you've got.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."