Tornedron VS Old Soul (Lumina Cloth)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Tornedron VS Old Soul (Lumina Cloth)

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Alright then, Tornedron's last qualifier- despite the slight hiccup with Recovered, it couldn't have gone better. One last opponent to sort out in the form of the unusual Old Soul,and the top LW rank is mine for the taking!

Analysis
I see that the guy's got some good torque behind him, so I must make sure not to let him push me. Got those two funny little sawblades behind him as well to potentially kick up sparks, and his Armour's OK, too.

However, he's got his weaknesses. His Armour stat might be decent, but his protection from me is still pretty poor- his weapons will be easy enough to destroy with a few solid hits due to them being thin and directly attached to the motors, and the shape of the chassis allows me to do loads of damage and potentially throw him over with some solid shots to the sides. Worst of all however, his motors are directly outside of the machine. If I can get a good shot anywhere near there, he's more-or-less a goner.
In terms of his stats, he matches me for Speed, but has worse Traction and only 2WD compared to my 4, so his control will be the lesser of the two machines, here. His Torque's good, but his fairly slow speed and localised wedge will prevent him from utilising it as effectively as he potentially could, particularly when I'm constantly bombarding him with attacks from all angles.

Strategy
Anyway, game on. His matching speed means it should be safe for me to hang back and spin up like I usually do to start with. As soon as I'm ready, move out quickly, and focus predominantly on landing blows on the sides of his chassis. Ruin his weaponry with some well-placed shots as well if I can, but don't attack him directly from the front.

When attacking, my Ring and my superior Agility will be my greatest allies. Keep spun up constantly, come at him from different angles each time, and follow up on every blow I land with another one to his weak spots before he can recover- in particular, around those exposed drive motors at the back, and his front corners.
We're on the Cloth, so not much to say with regards to any hazards, but don't bother using the Spikes- I don't want to take any unnecessary risks. Still, if I can have him immobilised or down to one drive and stuck near the edge, feel free to hit him one last time to send him into the abyss.

In terms of my Defence, just be careful, display good common sense, and watch for if he tries to be push me. Stick to the middle of the Arena at all times, keep spun up and moving constantly and unpredictably. Most importantly, don't hang about near the edge, nor should I attack him directly from the front- that's just begging to get pushed off.

Overall- aggression, aggression, aggression. Utilise my weaponry and agility to take apt advantage of his design faults early on, and constantly bombard him with powerful and varied attacks. Don't take any daft risks involving the arena, don't let him push me, and focus on wailing on all his exposed weak points. If it all goes to plan, I hopefully should be able to KO him on damage and maybe by knocking him over the side as well, but if he does survive- I should be in good stead to take it on Damage and Strategy.

Anyway, hoping this'll cover what's needed to take the win. Good luck though Helloface, let's see what you've got!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."