Cutie Honey vs. Dead Ringer For Love

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Cutie Honey vs. Dead Ringer For Love

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Alright, this guy is the last obstacle of the regular season. Do I have a hope of beating him? Let's find out!

- Foot wedges off, thwacking spikes on.

- Let's look at his advantages. Namely weapon, which is a whopping 14 points. Thing is, it's gonna take several seconds to get up to that power, and it's very unwieldy and unstable as a ring design. I'm betting that if I collide with him, he's going to go flying out of control due to all the instability. And because he is a ring spinner, if I keep in contact with him for most of the match, he won't get a chance to spin it up and do damage. Which nets me strategy points. His other advantage is body armour. Cutie Honey has 4 body armour thanks to the armour bonus put on the flipper, and Dead Ringer here has 7. Cutie Honey's flipper scoop, though, has 10 armour. Yes, his weapon will do damage at full speed to it. But it won't be catastrophic, and it will hardly be any if, again, I keep him from spinning the weapon up.

- Now, my advantages. I have absolutely gargantuan advantages in speed and traction, and a little one in torque. Wedge is a huge advantage since I have one point to his... none? :ermm: So I can get over to him fast, get underneath him, get in control, and shove him around without too much trouble. My traction also means that when he hits me, I will not go flying far at all, and I'll get right back in that codger's face. :D

- So, what shall we do with a Dead Ringer For Love, early in the morning... well, let's see. I'd imagine he'll want to get spun up at first, so he's likely to avoid a box-rush. I will box-rush regardless, but change my path around halfway across the arena, depending on what he does. I would say he doesn't have the speed to fully avoid a box-rush, but would get far enough to strike an edge of the plow, although the thwacking spikes are pretty low so he'd strike those too. So in turn, if he starts moving, I will alter my course and strike him so that the ring eats the center of the scoop.

- When I've got him, it's time for a ride to the floor flippers! Just before I get there, I will pop the flipper and hopefully the momentum sends him onto the panel without me risking throwing myself onto it. Be ready for when he lands, and repeat the process again and again. I can turn fast enough to get back under him before he can scoot away.

- As for the other hazards, I will occasionally send him to a CO2/fire jet if I feel like it. The conveyors I will avoid unless he's trying to use them to escape. However, the conveyors eventually lead to a floor flipper and he doesn't have the greatest speed to escape, so that tactic may hurt him more than help him. Nonetheless, I will box him onto the conveyors if he tries that.

- He could try sliding away from me while I'm attacking, but the thwacking spikes could beach him if he tries that too. I will turn and re-wedge him quickly. Be ready for crafty driving. Hell, be ready for ANYTHING. :P

Good luck Martijn.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux