The Dark Side of Cupid vs. Scoop

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

The Dark Side of Cupid vs. Scoop

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Well, it sucks that this one is on Lumina Cloth. However...

His abilities to actually get me pushed to the edge of the arena will be easier said than done. My weapon is more than 2.5X his armor - so every shot he takes will be brutal. If he wants to get me OOTA, he might need to do it quickly. His wheels are exposed, so if he scoops me over his wedge or I get a clear shot on his backside (or any number of likely circumstances) to hit his wheels, I have a legitimate shot at a wheel-ectomy. Even though he's got the torque, he also has no wedge "stopper", so pushing won't be as easy for him, necessarily. Lastly, we doesn't have any discernible drive advantage over me - slightly better traction but that's it.

When the match begins, spin up, keep my disc pointed at him and remain as close to the center of the arena at all times. I'll let him chase me. When he hits me, I'll try to strike the side of his wedge with my undercutter. I'm low enough that I might be able to prevent him from getting under me at all. If/when I do this, start running away for a second or two to spin up to full speed again. He can't chase me too well since we're the same speed, so when I've spun up enough, quickly turn around to face him. Repeat again and again and get as many shots in as possible.

When he does get under me, he'll probably want to use the flipper, which may cause me to get flipped, but he's also risking me landing HARD right on his chassis. Depending where I land and where my disc hits on his bot, it could do him more harm than good.

Basically, hope for the quick KO and stay cautious about getting too close to the edge. Play it safe.

Good luck! If you decide to RP that is...