jack frost vs cascade

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

G-Force

jack frost vs cascade

Post by G-Force » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:08 pm

my offense is my greatest defense.

come out and use my flipper as a barrier againt that spinning thing. try to flip him early so that he doesnt have a good chance to spin up.

as soon as i fire the flipper, turn around so that after he is thrown over my shoulder i can turn around to face him and give him some more without worrying about him getting to my back.

repeat for the whole match. gravity will; destroy him after a few brutal hits to the ground. somethings gotta break.

always face towards him and never let him get too close to my body!

Area51Escapee

jack frost vs cascade

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:28 pm

Well, well...what we have here is clearly a bot that was designed for bots like Japanese School Girl and Jack Frost, but in my mind the concept is horribly off. I get it, the flipper that is far out from his chassis is supposed to keep the spinners "at bay". Well, what happens after Cascade fires the flipper? It'll toss me up but I am likely to land on some part of him (especially considering how long he is) and I may just land on his actual chassis, which one hell of a hard landing for a 12 spinner to strike with an armor of 5. If the wedge is as low as it's made out to be, it'll get under me and my spinner will still be a full speed. Which puts him in a lot of potential dangerous positions.

I want to start out by letting him come to me, and when we eventually meet, I will try to fake him out. Which means, I want swerve a lot and maybe even spin in place, these are all tactics to try and scew a flipper's timing and target off. If he mistimes his flip, I can strike to strike him when his flipper is up. I can also try to aim for the red poles, which I'm sure I can easily bend or even remove. Hell, if I get lucky, I could bend oe of them inward which would prevent his flipper from extending all the way to the ground. Not only that but everytime he mistimes a flip the more damage my disc does to his flipper, and judging from a lot of the videos I've seen, it happens a LOT with spinners vs. flipper.

My alternate strategy is a strange one but might do the trick. Jack Frost is going to come at him full charge (avoid the frickin' nail) from the front. Yeah, it makes me sound like a rammer, but if I go at him full charge and assuming he's going to at least a decent amount of speed, I will fly over him and that means my disc is more likely to strike some of his back area, which basically means his actual chassis, which doesn't have great armor, surprisingly. Plus, if I tilt Jack Frost off a slight bit before I go in for a charge, I am more likely to hit his red poles before I land. Also, the area on his flipper looks like a mount that holds his flipper wedge to his extended arm. It looks fairly weak so if I can strike it at full force, I can hopefully remove it.

I will basically just try to fake him out at first and if he flips me, I'll leave the rest up to if he can actually prevent me from landing at other parts of his chassis, which should do the majority of the damage. Play it cautious and see how things go. Good luck.