striker vs flaminco

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

G-Force

striker vs flaminco

Post by G-Force » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:05 pm

so let me get this straight. we're very similar, but he's faster than me, with what seems to be lower wedges.

but think. with more speed comes less control over than speed. he's going to have a hard time decelerating when he gets up to a good speed so thats when i'm gonna have to make my move. play defensive. when he's charging straight for me, get out of the way and then as soon as he passes, before he has time to regroup, slam into his sides, get under and push him around.

thats my strategy for the whole match. utilize the fact that his speed value is through the roof and i will come out on top if chris tries to push it to the limit and i play more strategically.

Area51Escapee

striker vs flaminco

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:43 pm

As with all of Striker's fights, I have two options here.

The first strategy is to come out and use the wedges to see who is lower. He's got a heavy wedge, but I've got multiple hinged wedges in the front, which has in fact been very effective in my previous fights. So, we'll see what happens. I'll make sure we're facing each other and then I'll move in to get under him. If I don't get under him, my combined speed (10) and tread spinner (6) will cause a lot of damage when I fly right over him. If he doesn't get under me, what's the problem? I'll just simple wedge under him some more, lifting his wheels off the ground and giving myself a full torque advantage. Then I can push him around the arena and do what I like. I might try to bring him to one of the hazards if it seems convenient and in the general vicinity. They will definitely help me in the damage category and probably even the aggression category since I'll probably be able to get under him and push him around a good amount.

The other strategy is to attack him from the tread side, and this is only going to be the case if A) The wedges aren't working too well and B) If I can see that the treads are doing more than enough damage to make a difference. This strategy applies to original idea I had for the concept "Striker", which is basically combining a good effective weapon power most bots wouldn't want to deal with and put it on an extremely fast bot. This creates a bot that can not only use his weapon to tear you up, but also be able to (for the most part) control where I attack you from. This gives me an advantage in to major aspects. Obviously, Flaminco is a wegde and a low one, so I can't prevent his wegges too well, but I can try to aim for critical parts. For one, the purple side plows he has on seem useless to me. They look as though they are made of purple contruction paper, and if I smacked on of them, I am very confident I would at least smash them up, if not rip em off all together. Also, if I flew right over Flaminco's wedge (whether I came wedge first or not), I am likely to strike the little hinges that hold his big wedge on. If I can knock a few of them off, I could make a big difference with damage. I might be able to remove the wedge all together if I get lucky. So obviously, there are a lot of targets for me to hit on his bot and he is vulernable in several areas.

Quick recap would be to use the wedge to try and scoop him up and shove him around to the hazards. Use the treads for when I either go over his wedge or when I hit him from the back side. Be aggressive and use my versatile to mix it up and go with what works best. Good luck.