shockwave vs sunshine

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

G-Force

shockwave vs sunshine

Post by G-Force » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:02 pm

pros: I'm wayy faster than he is
cons: that hammer can do alot

chris says that he has hinged wedge sides, but i dont see any. so going by the picture, his sides are flat and look really easy to get under.

My strategy is simple yet effective- be unpredictable yet aggressive. charge out at him and then veer off to the side to make him blow the hammer but not hit me. Slip under his side when he's not paying attention or is caught up doing somehting else and lift slightly, while pushing forward and gripping with the piercers. utilitize the arena hazards when i have him in my grasp.

im much faster than him so gettin to his sides shouldnt be too big of a problem. just stay away from that axe. go for tha back and sides, and be tricky about it.

push, lift, grip, hazards.

Area51Escapee

shockwave vs sunshine

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:08 pm

Once again my main concern is to simply keep my front facing him at all. I must make sure of this at all costs. If I can, I'll be able to use my strategy.

First of all, a big part of Shockwave's design involves his clamping ability, which usually relies on having a lot of area to clamp on. However, I can keep my front facing him, he will have a hell of a time clamping me. If he does, it'd have to be long narrow wedges that stick out on each side, but if he does that, he may just be exposed to a hit from my hammer. Now, EVEN if he gets under me from the front and is able to carry me on his wedge and shove me around, I'm going to get stopped by his claws, and when I am on top of him, I might even be able to strike the hammer and hit him on his top. Even better, I might be able to hit him in that spot where it appears all of his internal motors are located, which would be a nice critical target.

Basically, if I am able to at least keep him at my front side at all times, no matter what he will be exposed to my hammer. I should be able to at least get a couple shots in, which would be very serious for him. A very powerful hammer is more deadly than a very powerful spinner in my book. If you take The Judge for example, he has in the past KOed bots in one shot (bots with somewhat decent armor). Yes, Shockwave has pretty good armor, but Sunshine also has the power it takes to get the one hit knockouts. So, it's definitely not impossible. I hope to get that KO or at least dominate the damage category so overwhelmingly that it falls in my favor.