Giant Swan vs. Babaganoush

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:33 am

Ok, did Dylan name a bot after an Adam Sandler line? Seriously? I mean, who am I to complain since I 1) do like most Adam Sandler stuff and 2) named a bot after an old Vaudeville joke. Not to mention my bot in this fight is named after a last name that appears on a lot of contestants on MXC. Overall, I guess it's cool. Besides, I've handled swans in real life. They can be pretty aggressive.

But I've got to be aggressive in this fight. And I will be!! The Nail strategy would be excellent for this one, but that'll be a reserve plan, not the initial plan of attack.

The more I look at Giant Swan, the more I get the feeling this bot was designed with Babaganoush in mind, so I'm actually gonna come out and be careful in the approach. I'm gonna try and turn as we meet and get under the side, and when I do, FLIP! His pan's pretty low, but my skirts are magnetized, so I've got to try. Plus, with all the weight on Giant Swan in the back, it'll naturally pull the front upwards, especially with what appears to be only two wheels. I should be able to get under him, and when I do, FLIP! Obviously, he can re-right, so I'm gonna push and be there to catch him and push him when he lands on me. I should hurt myself when catching him because of the leverage with which he'll be moving, not to mention the fact that only his dustpan will land on me, and not the mass of the WHOLE friggin' robot. Do this repeatedly, and take him to the Shooting Spike in the process. If I can hold up that pan in the Spike's path, it'll cause some nifty damage, so that's what I'll do. he's got a torque advantage, but that design will make it impossible for him to push me if the pan is resting on my dome.

I'm also hoping my flipper will put a bend in his dustpan, though it looks like the very design of it is meant to prevent it. Either way, I'll try to do it while tossing him about.

Dustpans are tricky designs, and in the case of Giant Swan, it's even tougher. Babganoush will have to fit COMPLETELY inside the pan in order for that flipper to work. If only a little bot goes in, and the rest jams on the walls or goes up the side wedges, his flipper won't be able to work fully, and may not even reach me at all. If he does flip me, I'll reright.

If I'm having trouble getting under the pan, try some tricky maneuvering and try to get to the side of him. Get under his side and FLIP! Then execute above strategy.

If all this is proving too difficult retreat to the Nail and use the Nail strategy. Make him chase me around it. The wedges stick out front, so I'll meet them first as he's coming around the Nail. I should get under him then, and then FLIP!

If he scoops me up, try every means to escape.

Keep trying those strategies, never giving up.

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:18 pm

No, it's not an Adam Sandler joke, Giant Swan is another name for a nuclear bomb.

I didn't design my bot specifically for Mr. Ganoush, even though it appears so due to the indented dustpan. I did that to counter low wedges. And we're both flippers, this should be a fun fight.

Our speed is pretty even. For once, my speed is in the same league as my opponent. I'm going to play defensive here and try and keep my dustpan facing him at all hours. There's no doubt in my mind that i'll get under him from all sides due to my accidentally convenient deisgn. This fight will be more about control than flips. If he's in my dustpan, he can't really do anything to me, so I'll take him over to the claw hazard and let that eat him for a while. Of course during the course of the fight, I'll flip him a couple of times due to the principle of the thing. Another cool idea I could do with the hazards is use the giant spike as a horizontal crusher, like the thing in the Death Star. If he's in my dustpan, i'll run him into the giant spike and he'll get stuck in between the spike and me and won't have anywhere to go. Oh man, that's devious.

If he gets to my side or back, he'll have a hard time flipping me because I'm so big and his flipper lip isn't too terribly big. If I do get flipped, I can self right. If I wanted to be a cheap bastard I could flip him over and then push him facing the wall so that he can't self right.