Underall vs. Pit Bull

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Underall vs. Pit Bull

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:09 am

"If there's one lightweight I never wanted to fight, it's Underall, or Ze Underall Ex Deus, as I call him."--some wise sage.

Ok, so I've got to fight Underall, and it'll be no picnic, or if it is, one with a lot of ants. I have an ever so slight speed advantage, and I've got to make it work to my greatest advantage, especially because I have an ever so slight torque disadvantage.

I honestly don't think it'll matter which wedges he attacks with. The pointy ones will be harder to get under with my hinged wedge, but the rectangularly-faced ones will be harder to avoid. Either way, the strategy is pretty similar. I'm gonna come out and try....the NAIL STRATEGY! That's right, I'm heading to the Nail and gonna make him chase me. Those wedges extend well beyond the body, and away from the wheels, and his fins are beyond the wheels, too. This means, that if I'm careful, I should be able to get under the fins, elevating his body. This should elevate two, maybe three wheels. That should give me the torque I need to push him, what with the hinged wedge under him and all. Once I'm under him, I'll push him to the wedged wall. I've got to flip him. Slam him into the wedge walls repeatedly until I've got him on his back.

It'll be important while executing this strategy that while making him chase me around the Nail, that I don't get my own arm and hammer tangled around the Nail, so I'll be very careful driving around the Nail to keep from tangling myself up. That'd suck. So drive carefully there.

As I hinted, it's very important that I flip him. Once he's flipped, his hinged wedges will still be a threat, but the side wedges will be useless. But more than useless...vulnerable. Once he's flipped, I'll just execute a simple stick and move policy. Charge, and when I'm close, turn and THWACK him. When he's flipped, the hits from my hammer will be more than glancing blows angled off awkwardly. They won't angle off, they'll hit him well. And once he's inverted, leave him inverted, and keep working him over, sticking and moving, sticking and moving. Beat him the entire time.

It'll be a hard fight. I've got to stick to this strategy as much as I can. If he won't chase me near the Nail, I'll have to disengage and attack him frontwards, but in this case, I'll have to make sure I AVOID the teeth wedge!!! Angle off and go for a fin, get under it, elevate him from there, and take advantage of him from there, flipping him on the wedged wall.

Any chance I have to get at his sides, I'll take. His sides and rear aren't hinged, my wedge is. Fight till the end.

Fish Of Doom

Underall vs. Pit Bull

Post by Fish Of Doom » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:02 pm

We're both fast, so this should actually be a really fun fight. I'll start off by saying that his hinged wedge is going to pretty much be useless in this one, unless he can get under me from the side with it. At the start, I'm going to going flying at him, AVOIDING THE BLASTED NAIL. I want to keep him close to the walls during this fight, because then I can easily control him. Even if he does come out to the center, I'll easily get under him. His thwack is hardcore, but since my sides are slanted, they should take minimal damage by his hammer of death. Also, because of this, when he thwacks, his hammer will hit and then go up the side so that he'd be perfectly positioned on my teeth.

Whenever I'm under him, I will drive him full speed into ANYTHING. It could be the nail, the wall, the giant spike, whatever is available. Since he doesn't have anything I need to worry about, I need to be as aggressive in this fight as possible. I want plenty of full speed rams through the arena and I want to chase him down since he'll be playing defensive. I'm hoping to win the aggression category, and if I can get the hazards to damage him enough I'll get that one too, and well strategy is pretty much a toss up in these anyways. I don't think I'll be flipped in this fight, but if I do, I'm invertible and my teeth are just as sexy upside down, though my sides become useless. But I'm so low and his wedge won't do much, it doesn't matter all that greatly. The coolest thing that could happen is if all of those rams and slams across the arena, maybe combined with the hazards would break his hammer shaft in half. This fight's going to really come down to driving, but this isn't real life.