Copperhead VS It

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

StarlessSoldier

Copperhead VS It

Post by StarlessSoldier » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:34 am

I believe that It suffers from a serious center of balance issue as well. With two wheels placed very close together and a long weapon cage, the bot will not only turn very slow, but have a high likelihood of tipping itself over by gyro effect. With that said, I'll point out that if this robot ends up on its side, all bets are off. Even with the wheel touching ground, the weapon supports are so wide and flat that if It lands on its side that's where its staying. It might do little half circles in place, but it will not self right. My goal in this fight will be to accomplish that. I'll be keeping the fangs on. I'll come out fast and avoid the nail, then go straight for his side. I'm hoping Copperhead's low profile and enormous driving force will act almost like a sweep kick, hitting It low and causing it to tip sideways as I go under it. If the weapon hits my plow from above it will actually help me by popping It into the air due to the angle of the hit. Whatever it takes, my strategy is simple, slam him into everything I can until he ends up on his side, while taking care to avoid the blades. Short and sweet, but I think highly effective.

Good luck and may the best bot win.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Copperhead VS It

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:14 pm

"All I want for Christmas is a Vic-to-ry..." But that might too much here, so here goes nothing.

My biggest hope in this fight is to keep my discs facing him at all times since with his speed advantage, I'll never outmanuver him in a million years. I want to try and cause as much damage as I can when he comes in for an attack. Even if he slams me, he'll still take some decent damage from my discs and every little bit helps. It is possible that since he'll be moving pretty fast that he'll lose control a bit and open himself up to a free shot for me, and you better believe I'll take anything like that I can get. Basically I want to try and stay alive and cause as much damage as I can. Avoid that nail as well.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.