Adrenaline VS Redemption Denied

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:21 am

For this match, I'll try to use superior maneuverability. He has me in speed by two, but I don't think I need to point out what a massively fucked up center of balance this robot has. Essentially think of yourself holding a 6 foot steel pole out in front of you with it touching the ground, and trying to turn while dragging it. Uhh... yeah. My bot however has all its balance centered directly on the rotating axis of the turret, making it extremely nimble despite the low speed number. Anywho I can easily outpush him with 3 times his torque, and we both have great armor stats. What I plan to do is come out carefully and try to get to the side of his flipping fork while avoiding getting flipped. This affords me a massive control advantage. It is likely that I'll get under and he'll be screwed anyway (even the slightest angle of lift will put all four of his wheels off the ground due to his chassis shape). But even if I can't get under, the corner where his front... thing... meets his chassis is a perfect place for my attack. Due to the COB issue, he won't be able to turn away from me fast enough to get loose. He also won't be able to turn toward me because I'll already be in so close to him. If he moves forward all he'll do is circle with me while I pound away on him. His only practical option is to back up, in which case my 5 speed might keep me with him long enough that he'll end up against a wall (you can only run so far) in which case he'll be in an even worse place. Whether I get under him, or I just end up in a grappling lock up with him, my goal is to hit hard, hit fast, and hit often with my axe. Even though I won't do any significant damage, I'll edge out the damage and aggression scores merely in the number of shots landed. I'll take care not to fire the axe into the flipping arm's path. If he does manage to flip me, I'll quickly right and continue attempting the same strategy.

Good luck and may the best bot win.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:09 pm

All right, this is another situation where it will probably serve to be more defensive in the opening, because speed advantage notwithstanding, he's a lot more agile than I am. That said, I'll come out a little from my square and wait for him to come at me. Even as awkward as I am, I should still be able to keep my big flipper arm facing him with good pivot driving. He'll have to come at me sooner or later, and thats when I'll strike. My flipper should be able to get under him, and when it does, FLIP! And after that, I should be able to get under him again before he has a chance to regroup, and once I can do that I'll try and get him over to the floor spinner and flip him into that hazard. He has good armor, but I'll be doing whatever it takes to keep him in that room until he secumbs to the punishment.

And thats really all there is too it. Keep my flipper facing him until I force an attack and then go in for the intitial flip to disortient him and then get him into the spinning bar as fast as possible and keep him there. Be very mindful of that nail.

Good luck John.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.