Sovereign VS Zombie Killer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:37 am

Let's see... I have him by one in speed, not a sizeable advantage by any means but with the slight bonus and my 2 wheel drive, maneuverability is all mine. We're even in torque. Armor won't come into play too much in this one and of course neither of us have an active weapon. For one thing, I'm going to do my best to avoid the floor spinner, apparently exposed wheels are still mounted on beef jerky sticks these days... I've always said beef jerky was a horrible building material. Also, I'll do my best to avoid the unwedge-friendly nail. As far as designs go, I think I have him in this one. His rear spikes will only do damage if I let him hit my wheels, and given my maneuverability advantage, I don't plan to allow that. If he runs them into my wedge he'll slide right over. This means his only feasible means of damaging me is to run me into a hazard. All well and good except for one thing. His small, low, straight wedge is far from ideal for control. That combined with my bot's large tires, and physical impossibility to keep them from touching a contact surface means that he'll be all but incapable of moving me to a hazard. With that said, the biggest risk to me is personal driving error. For that reason I'll be driving carefully, usually at half speed to keep my wedge facing him. If he rams me I'll drive forward at mid speed and one of two thing will happen: A - I'll get under, and a combination of his wheels coming off the ground (his chassis extends past his rear wheels) and the top of my tires pushing him forward will allow me temporary control. I'll use this to move him to a hazard, or simply slam him into the wall and go to town with the hammer. B - He gets under, in which case my forward momentum propels me right over his top. However if he is moving full speed I'll have time to turn and move back at him before he can regain control, and I will again take him to a wall or hazard and drop the hammer. I may suffer some aggression by moving slower than usual, but I will most certainly landslide the damage score, and the strategy score. If he is moving carefully like me, I'll simply try to outmaneuver him and get in alot of hammer shots, keeping in mind that he can't really do much in the damage category.

Good luck and may the best bot win.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:48 pm

Okay, seeing as how I won't be outdriving him with a -1 speed difference, I think I'll be best served starting out this fight more on the defensive side and play things out from there. I'm going to let him come out around the nail and force a head to head meeting between us. I will absolutly not let him get near my sides at all, and I should be able to pivot around to prevent him from flanking me. Once I see a favorable attack point (head to head, or if I'm lucky, a shot at his sides) I'll take it. In all probability, my wedge should prove lower, and if that is the case, I'll get under him and immedietatly slam him into anything I can; walls, hazards, you name it, I'll use it, while making sure that I don't put myself at risk at the same time. If I can establish some control over him, I'd like to use the floor spinner to work on him. His wheels look like real easy targets for a weapon like that, armor aside. If I'm not lower, ehh, this will be tougher, but I think my drive will be enough to escape him before I really get tangled up in his trap, and I can probably get a better attack angle out of it if I keep a cool head about the situation.

Defensively, it is paramount to keep my wedge facing him at all times, without exception. Also, I want to be wary of hazards (like the nail) while driving and not give him an easy opening.

To recap, start out by keeping my wedge facing him then attack when a favorable position opens up. Avoid the nail and keep my wedge facing him at all times.

Good luck John.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.