Corrosive vs Exotherm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Andrewbot

Corrosive vs Exotherm

Post by Andrewbot » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:34 pm

Exo: Speed - 5 Weapon - 8 Armor - 3 Torque - 6
Cor: Speed - 5 Weapon - 9 Armor 6 Torque - 2

Ok, I am not entirely sure how his weapon works, whether it's a pneumatic ram or a linear acuator, but whatever, I'll assume it's linear.

He has a very long stance, so turning for him won't be the easiest thing, and because of how narrow he is with the blade spinning far out there, he should tip when he turns, probably not all the way over, but enough so that he can't turn very fast.

At the start, my goal is to go weapon to weapon with him. We're equal in speed, so neither of us should be able to escape or get caught by the other, so odds are most hits will be weapon to weapon. I out-stat him in weapon and armor, so I assume I'll be getting the better of these hits. The actuator that controls his weapon shouldn't be able to handle too many impacts. If I can get to his side (which if he turns, should be exposed for longer) I want to hit his wheel guards, hopefully taking it off.

Re-cap: Keep the weapon aimed at him, take the better of weapon-to-weapon collisions, and go for his wheels.

BEES

Corrosive vs Exotherm

Post by BEES » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:35 pm

It's robots like this that make me wish I had a horizontal disc. Those wheels would be so tasty, but with the way my weapon is set up, hitting them would be difficult.

The principle difference between our robots is that Andy has slashed his torque stats for better armor and weapons. I might be able to use this against him, because I think he'd have a hard time actually getting his weapon to hit the main hull of my robot. His disc is set up so that it doesn't have a very good range for hitting opponents. He practically has to be under them to do it.

I'm going to turn this into a pushing match, which I would definitely have an advantage in. I'll leave the disc off at first, lower it to the floor, and drive up to him and spin Exotherm wildly on its wheels. The idea is to deflect him by hitting the corners of those leverage spikes on the front, turn him around, force him to face the other way. Then wedge under him with the rear and push that disc into the wall, hopefully into a hazard. I want to get him stuck on the wall, in a bad position, and only THEN will I spin up the disc to get a mark on the exposed wheel.

If he has a good position on me, or gets under the back, back up right away, and have another go. If he hits the reservoirs (in the back), I'll notice. It'll freeze the arm in the lowest (neutral) position, but the disc would still operate.

Overall, be really aggressive. Be annoying. Be opportunistic with the rear wedge, and try to get it under his sides and back as much as possible. The drawback to underestimating torque in stats, over and over, is that it gives ME a lot of chances for control.