Cascade vs. Yellow Cloud

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Cascade vs. Yellow Cloud

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:18 pm

That's an evil looking flipper right there. I want to avoid it. I have the speed advangtage, so retreating is feasible, which I may have to do. We'll see. Getting under him is key here, and there are couple ways I can accomplish it.

Coming out, I'm going to head for the Nail and make him come out to there. He'll have to chase me around it, but with my speed advantage, I'll catch up to him and get under him first. He's got a good turning circle, but with all that length in front of him, it'll be like a door swinging. He'll have a big side coming around, and my hinged wedge would be waiting for him if he tried to swing around and face me.

Another way I can get around to his side is by reversing at an angle. When we get close, go in reverse and angle off, and as he goes past me, slide under him that way, then carry him off.

A third way to get under him is to meet him, sorta. Approach VERY cautiously. If I can get under his flipper, GREAT! Push that way. Otherwise, let the front hinged wedge go on it, but no more than that. Keep backing off to keep NOTHING but the hinged wedge go up. I want him to fire the flipper on the hinged wedge. My armor is higher than his flipper power, so that hinged wedge ain't gonna snap off. But it will flap it onto the main wedge, which is ok. When that happens, get under before the flipper comes back down. Get under the flipper and push. The front of the main body isn't a perfect wedge, so my low wedge, even with the hinged wedge flapped onto it, should get under him. Even if I don't, I CAN and will push from there, using superior torque. Also, while trying to bring the weapon down, the flipper of Cascade should push up onto me, elevating his body, so getting under him this way is only a problem in that getting him to fire on the hinged wedge only is pretty tricky.

Lastly, there's the ugly possibility of him getting ahold of me. If I can't make any of the other methods work to my advantage, I'll barrel into him. I hope to get enough of my body onto him so that if he flips, the leverage should flip me OVER him, and I land behind him. From there, push. Get under him and push him around. If I have trouble getting the other hinged wedge in position, drive backwards and brake suddenly, to get the hinged wedge to flap out in front properly, then work Cascade over from underneath. If he doesn't flip me, and tries to push me around from that position, my momentum should be enough that I go flying over him. Drive over him, and get under him upon landing. Otherwise, back up, using superior speed and regroup.

If he flips me in front of him, I hope to land before the flipper gets down. In which case, get under him that way. Otherwise, keep trying every which way I can to get under him.

Once under him, take him to the Piercer, Shooting Spike, or Floor Spinner. Try to mark him up by any and every means possible.

G-Force

Cascade vs. Yellow Cloud

Post by G-Force » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:33 pm

my main plan is to just focus on keeping my wedge facing him at all times if i let him get toward my back, i'm probably in trouble.

sure he has hinged wegdes, but he also has flat sides, and with that coes not unly vulnerable sides, but vulnerable corners as well.

not only is my bot a wedgey thin with two wheels (which makes him low) but he has a far-out flipper that is wedged as well. so that puts me at a pretty threatening angle to get under.

if i get under, flip him and face ihm again, repeat, do it all match long and let gravity be his demise.

i just have to hope for the best- that my flipper can get under him. cause honestly, if not, im screwed.

be agressive. b-e- aggressive.

good luck