Pit Bull vs. Gayle

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Pit Bull vs. Gayle

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:19 pm

A couple ways to attack him, and I want to include them all.

I have a significant speed avantage, so retreating, should it become necessary, is no problem.

Approach will be crucial, both at the start, and throughout the duration of the fight. For starters, I'm going to hurry out, without slamming myself into the Nail. I'm gonna try and get to him quickly, but not actually make contact right away. I'm going to position myself so that Gayle is between myself and either the wall or the Nail, whichever we're closer to. I'm then going to attack tangentially. I hope this makes sense, because this is SOOOO crucial. I will attack so that the line that is my vector of attack has but a tangent to his spinning disc. Since I can't insert pictures, I will refer you to the lowercase b, d, p or q. A circle with a line that intersects the circle at only one point. And I will attack so that I'm going into the spinner, so if he's spinning counterclockwise, the line of my attack looks clockwise by comparison. I really hope that makes sense.

So, I'll go into him with my wedge in such a configuration. The goal is that the spinner doesn't hit the side of my bot or hinged wedge, but instead goes straight up the hinged wedge. When it goes up, it may collide with the front of the bot. It'll smart, but I've got to take the chance. Because of his low, low torque, he'll recoil from the hit more than I will. And when he does, he should go into the Nail or the wall, wherever we are. That wall or nail WILL or at least OUGHT to stop Gayle's spinning. When it does, I'll rush in and get under him and take him where I need to. (this, by the way, is or should be known as the Warper strategy, big part of how I beat both Hurricane Hugo and Adrenichrome) Once I get under him, I'm taking him straight to the Piercer. I've got to wreck him any way I can. His armor is a paltry 3, so, I've got to position that chassis under the body, and let the Piercer harm him as much as possible. Repeat this strategy as often as I can.

WCS: he rips off the wedge. So I'll send out the supersonic signal for the Martian Space Penguins to swoop in and hover above him in triangulate fashion and chant "Hush-shuh-shuh-shuh-shuh-shuh, hush-shuh-shuh-shuh-shuh-shuh" and make him explode. OR I could just spin and smack him hard and hope his low torque causes him to bounce about like a hockey puck.

G-Force

Pit Bull vs. Gayle

Post by G-Force » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:18 pm

ughhhh this is gonna be a bitch

spin up. move out. avoid the nail :P .

he's most likely going to be spinning. but he has to melty brain, so that means he cant move while spinning, right?

so logically i should wait till he slows down to move in, but that's probably what he wants me to do. then he can swing the thingy and hit me and the crowd goes ohh and i spin out of control and he attacks me some mroe while i struggle to spin up..

so ill spin up and just charge into him, i dont care where i hit. i have a pretty strong weapon, after a series of hits i should really be able to cripple him, hopefully his drivetrain so he cant spin and hit me with the thingy.

if i get smashed back, im just gonna get spun up again and try again. its just about consitency. eventually he'll reach a breaking point and ill be able to move in and rip his chassis apart.

okay, gl