Pre-RP: Copperhead VS Jack Frost

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:16 pm

For this fight the Fangs will be taken off. Okay, my armor on the plow and wedges is 9, so his 12 weapon isn't gonna break through too fast, but regardless, taking hits isn't what I wanna do. I'm gonna use my vastly superior speed to get around him and use my plow to slam him into the wall, hopefully disc first. He has fair armor, but there's only so much recoil he can take before something fails. If he bitches out and sits against a wall with his disc facing out, I'm gonna start on the other side of the arena, avoiding the nail, and hit him full speed head on. I might take a nasty hit, but he'll be lucky if his weapon is still attached. Once I'm on him I'm gonna stay on him and remain aggressive, bouncing him off of walls like a pinball or a mental patient... pick your own analogy. I'll remain aggressive the whole fight, while avoiding the disc whenever I can. I doubt I'll score the KO but I should dominate the scores for a decisive win. Yeah, short RP, bite me.

Good luck and may the best bot win.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:27 am

bumped... word nigga.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:29 pm

This should be fun. Classic spinner vs. rammer matchup. A good deal depends on who is better. However, I've got a few strategic things to work with.

I'll start off with my approach. It's simple. I plan to spin up and then move out slowly (avoid the nail if needed) and watch carefully where Copperhead is. I'm gonna guess that Copperhead is going to want to go in for some big charges. I want to keep my eye on that. If it looks like he's gonna charge, I will quickly swerve off just a bit. I want to try and place it well enough that the disc is still in line to hit him on the charge but that I am mostly out of his mad dash. This should kick him off to the sides if it works, and then I can turn to face him and wait for him to come again. My disc should definitely do the trick while holding up well if I can fake him out and that's what I plan to do if I see that he's charging me.

If he's not charging me at me, he's probably coming at me with the plow regardless. He's obviously going to be coming me with fast enough to try and push, slam and foil my weapon. Direct contact plow-to-disc will be a toss up as to who it works better for. One thing did intrigue me, though. I looked over carefully at the design of Copperhead. His plow is a part of his chassis, so I obviously can't "rip off" his weapon. However, looking at the view from his back, I notice that the chassis comes off the ground a little bit from the wheels. Since his Plow goes straight across from the chassis, that means that he's got some space underneath his plow. This space underneath his plow could make all the difference in the world for Jack Frost. If you look at Jack Frost, his disc is about as low to the ground as it can get and his disc is pretty thin itself. That means, when I make contact with his plow, JF's disc most likely will hit more of what's underneath Copperhead's plow than the plow itself. This leaves room for possibility of slicing off rubber from the tires. Or even potentially Copperhead flying over JF all together. I really couldn't tell ya. All I know is that it's a big advantage for me in this fight that JF's disc is so low to the ground. He can probably knock him off to the sides, too.

Overall, if Copperhead decides to come at me by charging fast, I will try to counter it by faking him out or spinning to foil his attack. Either way, I will be prepared. If he comes at me regardless, try to utilize all of Jack Frost's weapon advantages as much as possible. If he comes at me with the back wedge forks, they'd probably be easier to smack away, but if this is the case, my strategy remains the same. Avoid the hazards and stay cautious. Good luck.