Pre-RP: Adrenaline VS Striker

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:03 pm

My biggest hope here is to get under him. His speed is double mine so there's no chance in hell of outmaneuvering him. I can get him in a pushing match, and his weapon shouldn't be able to do much at all to my armor. Getting past his wedges will be a bitch though. What I want to do is keep my front facing him, and hopefully have the same effect I had on Tank. His wedges and mine will get essentially tangled. Not to mention mine are angled, so if they get past the tips of his they'll go under his without any trouble. If I can do this, I'll push him back into the wall and swing the axe. My target will be his weapon treads. What I may be able to do, by using my axe and his own weapon movement is to shred the treads and cause pieces or the whole things to come off, giving me a big advantage in the damage score. Hopefully I can also take the strategy score as well. Yeah yeah, short I know.

Good luck and may the best bot win.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:28 am

Bumped.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:59 pm

Right off the bat, I think Striker has some advantages going in. The first being the hinged wedges. It's my set of hinged wedges vs. his mounted forks on a 4 wheeled robot, so everything points to Striker being a lower robot. The second main advantage I have is speed, and that is big when I am twice as fast (10 to 5).

What I plan to do is come out fast and move around the nail and once I have a clear view, I will charge at him. I anticipate getting under him, and if this is the case, I will be going fast enough to wedge under him at least enough to lift some of his wheels off the ground. This would then eliminate his torque advantage, because, I'd be completely under him and he'd have no wheels to push with. Therefore, I'd have enough force to drive him into the wall. That's what I plan to do. Slam him as hard as I can. If I get lucky, I can get him on top of my chassis, and you know what that means...Striker's mean old treads are going to smack his underbelly. With a 6 weapon, damage is a distinct possibility and I plan to do as much of it as possible. I will keep the treads spinning towards my wedges so that when I get under him and scoop him on me, they can help keep him on top of my chassis. Nevertheless, get as many slams in as possible. I plan to take him to the wall often and maybe even the piercers or floor spinners if I get the opportunity but I won't go out of my way for it.

If I can't get under him, I still have a cool backup plan. I obviously hope to just be able to rely on the wedges, but if I need to, I will give my spinning treads some action. Since I am incedibly fast, I will spin my wedges and come at him from the tread side, make a big charge at him and aim for a spot off to his sides. This should help me fall off to his sides but also the combined speed of my bot coming at him and my good spinning weapon striking him should be devestating. Like all of John's bots, Adrenaline is well armored. So once again, I'm not expecting a KO but damage is still damage. If I can charge him with a speed of 10 and strike him with a weapon of 6, it should be a pretty cool attack. As far as his hammer, it's got a weapon of 3, so it's obviously not meant for big damage. Nevertheless, Striker's quickness and the long hinged wedges should help keep Striker out of reach from the hammer.

As a quick recap, I will come out, avoid the nail, charge him and hope to slam him to the wall and possibly get the treads in on the fun. If that doesn't work, come at him with the treads and slam into him, hoping to leave quite a mark. Utilize both of Striker's weapons as much as possible. Good luck.