Pre-RP: Sovereign VS Red Zone

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:40 pm

Well, for Speed and Torque I have him by 1 in each. I have him by 1 in armor but the only thing it will really matter for is hazards. His lifting rack is 3 power, so it won't move extremely fast. I'm gonna try to outmaneuver him at first to attempt to get to his sides and shove him around or slam him into walls or hazards. If I can't get to his side I'll go at his front. Hopefully I can get under and slam him, but if not, my wedge will lift and hit his front, pushing him back. When he starts to lift, I'll back off and then rush forward, under his arm and slam him, making sure to get in a couple of axe shots at any opportunity. Sorry for the short RP, don't have much time.

Good luck and may the best bot win.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 am

OMGWTFBUMPED!!!111!!!1

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:06 pm

Let's first go over the stats briefly. Not much to say, he's got me by 1 in speed and torque, but it's hardly enough to greatly outdrive me in this match. The thing I have to to my advantage, however, is the lifter. Yes, the weapon power is low but it's supposed to be low simply because it was supposed to be meant for just lifting opponents while I slam them. Very much like my strategy with Barrier...and we all know how well that works. Sovereign is no exception. I will use my lifter in this match and set it as low as I can. It's worked well against low bots so far in the tourney, so I have faith in it at this point.

I will begin the match by coming out lifter facing him (go around the nail). And see what he does, if he wants to charge me, I will make sure I am facing him. If I see he's coming at me and I am NOT prepared for him (for example, he's at my sides) quickly back up, swerve off or move forward to dodge him. This should work well plus it could earn strategy points if I am good at faking him out. If I am facing him, I will come at him. I will then see who gets under who. If I manage to get under him, it's a good sign but at the same time, I need to make sure he doesn't fly off my side or try something sneaky. So, I will slowly let him ride my lifter and if he looks like I have control, I will begin to lift the spiked lifter just enough to get his wedge well enough off the ground and slam him into the wall. To start off the fight, I am definitely not going to be stupid and try something fancy, just because I have to focus on gaining control and winning points by slaming him around and lifting him and shoving him all around the place. He's going to be quick, so I have to never let my guard down. Therefore, I am going to stick to the simple plan of constantly moving. It's easy enough to do. If I do wind up coincidentally pushing him into a hazard, awesome. However, I am not going to waste time trying to specifically take him to certain hazards. I need to win as many aggression and strategy points as I can by countering his attacks and executing mine quickly.

If he gets under me, hopefully I can either slide off or use my lifter to help get me off him. Another advantage is that I have weapons on both sides, so if I slide off, quickly charge in on whichever side is facing him. It should catch him off guard hopefully and at least I will remain as aggressive as possible. The hinged plow could even get under him. I'm not going to bank on it, but since it's hinged it can probably get under a lot of wedges anyways. Also, I don't know if he's going to let his hammer swing or not, but if he does, I might try to foil him by lifting my spiked lifter and tangle him up a bit (this is if he gets under me, of course).

The basic strategy is to avoid all hazards, especially the nail and keep the spiked lifter facing him. Whatever happens, I'm going to keep moving constantly all match, because he's fast and I can't stop to think too long and let him pull a fast one. If I get under him, immediately try to slam him to the wall and repeat over and over again. Try to keep in control as long as possible. I will do whatever I can to prevent him from getting control of me. Overall, I have a wide lifter and it's good at trapping opponents. We are both fast, low scrappy bots, but I hope that the wide lifter and it's lifting capabilities is what puts me on top. Good luck.