HFL
Rocket
Tri
Shaba
Ferret
Code Red
Billy
Monsterworks

each week, there will be 32 fights, assuming 16 competitors per weight class. I will not make anyone write more than 4 matches, which means that we need at least 8 writers (7 including myself). In the even that we do not get 8 writers before the event deadline, this competition will be cancelled.

Brackets:

FW: https://challonge.com/3a8p0vze
LW: https://challonge.com/p6tm825o
MW: https://challonge.com/7fw0eqdx
HW: https://challonge.com/zdxnbb6f

Competitors:

Competitor cap is 16 per weight class. those of you with stars by your names did not register for the specific weight class before it filled. you're welcome to prepare robots to replace someone who drops out, but you are unlikely to be allowed to compete in that weight class.

Featherweights:
Me
Monsterworks
Boto
Ys
frog
Ferret
Madman
V900 - you're gonna have to convince me with that dual hammers config, I don't see any way that they're run off the same motor based on how you describe the internals and changable parts working.
Tcrr
Dylan
Billy
Rocket
HFL
Tri
Wham
Wolf

Lightweights:
Me
Monsterworks
boto
wolf
ys
frog
v900
Tcr
Dylan
Billy
Rocket
HFL
Tri
TBR
Wham
Killjoy

Middleweights:
Me
Monsterworks
Boto
hii
ys
frog
Ferret
v900
tcr
Dylan
Billy - need a picture from another angle
Rocket
HFL
TBR
Wolf51-50
Codesilver

Heavyweights:
Me
Shaba
Boto
Hii
Frog
Ys
Ferret
Madman
V900
Tcr
Dylan
Billy
Rocket - you're on thin ice with that many configs :V
HFL
Tri - needs to reduce configurations to a reasonable level
wolf
TBR
Wham
Killjoy

Banned Robots:
Flying robots
Multibots that incorporate both a walking robot and a robot with a different movement style (other mixed designs, such as a shuffler and a wheeled bot are fine, since there is no difference in stat allocations between the types.)
Underall

Signup Information:

There will be 4 weight classes; Featherweight, Lightweight, Middleweight and Heavyweight. Each weight class will be limited to 16 robots. Each competitor may enter up to 1 robot per weight class, so weight classes must be signed up for individually; this means that you may enter in as few or as many weight classes as you would like. This also means that you must specify in your signup post the weight classes you are signing up for. If you say "reserve," you have given me no information and will not be assigned any weight class spots.

Since this is a competition with few slots, I want each competitor committed to actually finishing the tournament. There will be a re-check of interest 1 week before signups close: if a competitor does not notify me of their continued interest (either through a discord PM/ping, through a post on the discussion page, or via a forum PM), they will be removed from the competition. Additionally, entrants who forfeited more than 4 rounds (or 16 matches) of Ruination 4 will not be eligible to compete in this competition.

As usual, robots will be assigned 30 points to be divided among the following categories as to the desires of the builder;

Speed
Traction
Torque
Weapon
Armor

matches will round robin, with robots randomly assorted into groups of 8. I'd like to do swiss, but as Robot Bastards is showing, having to wait for all the writers to get their shit together before you move onto the next week extends your tournament to all hell :V

Roleplay Rules:

-> You'll be expected to follow proper role-play etiquette; no directly referencing others RPs, whether in your reply RP, or bringing it up in the discussion thread. If you don't trust the staff's bullshit detectors, don't play.

->This applies especially in terms of verbosity; RPs should not involve a 10 page dissertation of everything wrong with his robot and exactly how great your robot is; writers are expected to recognize this. Please do not force the results writer to have to wade through over a thousand words just to get to the damn point of your strategy; this is how we get writer fatigue. "Spin2Win" is legitimately enough sometimes.

-> There's a soft RP length limit of 500 words. In the event that a single competitor consistently violates this rule and writers complain about it to me, that specific person will be given a hard limit of 500 words.

-> Excessive public complaints about match results/arrogance leading up to a fight will result in you forfeiting for all robots in the next week. I get that legit mistakes happen that are worth complaining about (and that we will fix if it's bad enough), and some of y'all like to have the "tough guy" persona; that's fine, just don't go overboard on it (and I will not be able to make this decision on my own - I or any of the staff members can put it to a majority vote if it actually becomes an issue. doubt it will though, y'all're chill).

-> Use proper grammar and spelling; if we can't understand what you're saying, you aren't allowed to get mad about it :V

-> Fight cards will be posted on Sunday usually (as are results, mostly), and you will have one week to post your RPs. If the fight card is, for whatever reason, late, RPs will still be due on Saturday, barring some really long delay.

-> All RPs are due Saturday at 9 PM Pacific Time (midnight Eastern time, and I think 5 o'clock for you brits - and no using that daylights savings time excuse! :V). For consistency's sake, no late RPs will be accepted; if you can't RP on time or something comes up, get someone to RP for you.

-> If a robot has configurations that change the stat allocations of said robot (ex. Most swiss-army bots), or change the style of weapon (ex. a robot that can attach either a vertical or horizontal spinner – this should cover the rest of the swiss-army designs :P), its user must notify its opponent which configuration it is using. Other bots are not required to do so, but you're welcome to do so (especially if someone asks and it's not integral to your strategy - remember, don't be a dick :V). For this tournament, this will include the following robots:

->Fights will be judged for a total of 15 points, divided equally among 3 categories; Aggression (who initiated the attack, who's running away, who's running into fights, use of weapons - this is all regardless of how intelligent it was to do these things), Damage (obvious, I'd hope), and Control (similar to the old criteria's strategy; takes into account the intelligence of actions like a spinner running away to get their weapon up to speed, or a driver who refuses to abandon a strategy even though it is clearly not working).

Stat Rules:

Standard ARC ruleset. LINK: https://www.advancedrobotcombat.com/vie ... 4439#p4439

A few Notes:

->Administrators reserve the right to modify a bot's individual stats based on discrepancies with the picture of the design. The administrators also have the right to reject any robot submission, stat allocation or design aspect that is considered to be unfair or exploiting the rules in any way. This especially applies to exploitative designs; I don't really care if you found this tiny part of the rules that technically makes what you're doing OK, because I'm more concerned with making everything fair than allowing for that shit. Yes this is because of Brimstone :v

->All information about adjustable set-ups must be stated in the original post. linked albums or other such things may contain additional pictures to avoid clutter, but should not unintentionally hide extra information. All entries must include a STATIC IMAGE of the bot: you are welcome to also post sketchfab renders, but we should be accomodating to those on mobile or with low quality PCs

->A few modifications to the rules shall be made, as follows:

1) Weapon power is limited at 16. Our arena cannot consistently withstand the super high power spinners being entered these days.

2)
-The time it takes for a hammer to go through one full swing (hit and retract) will be done as follows:
1-5: 1 second
6-10: 2 seconds
10-15: 2.5 seconds
16: 3 seconds

-hammers, flippers and the like will be capable of self damaging when flipping themselves if the weapon power is 5 more than body armor, taking 1 point of corner damage per stat point above this level.

3) Multibots are allowed (up to a maximum of 6 total robots), and will be given points under the monkeywrench ruleset. Your main bot starts with 30 points (or 32 for walkers) and has to give up 1 point to add a second bot. In return, this new bot will receive 4 stat points. Your main bot's total stat points must be equal to or greater than any other secondary bot created from those stat points. An example would be having 3 bots: a secondary bot would be (5 main bot points * 4 stat points = 20 usable points), another secondary bot would be (5 * 4 = 20), and the main bot would be (30 - 5 - 5 = 20). All 3 robots will have 20 stat points. Another example would be: secondary bot (3 * 4 = 12), secondary bot ( 5 * 4 = 20), main bot (30 - 3 - 5 = 22).

4)
-Walkers will have 2 extra points to reflect their weight bonus. They gain no weapon armor bonuses, are limited to 2 torque, are limited to a maximum of 10 armor (this includes armor bonuses), and the legs will receive a -1 bonus to their armor.
-Shufflers will receive no weight bonus and therefore no stat bonus. They also have no stat limitations!
-Walkers and shufflers also must have a render or diagram of their leg system. you're not expected to be perfect, but I don't want any "it has legs lul" bots - put some love into your creation damnit.

to clarify, since people have recently shown confusion: walkers gain no armor bonus to the weapon. at all. if you give an armor bonus to a wedge, your weapon has armor equal to the chassis armor, unless any part of it is within the bonused area, in which case that part gets whatever armor bonus you gave it.

5)modular robots may not transfer any more than 5 stat points from weapon to armor (and vice versa) between different modules. Additionally, body armor and drivetrain stats must stay consistent across all modules. V900 is preemptively banned for trying to abuse this :V

6)Impacts can affect more than just the area directly impacted. Robots with high armor bonuses can still experience damage to the mountings of the bonused area, or have internal components knocked loose. This can never directly cause a KO or catastrophic damage, but may cause things to stop working or parts to fall off with enough hits. Shock damage will be calculated by subtracting the chassis armor from the weapon power, and then halving it. I.e. if you have 6 chassis armor and a 14-power spinner hits your wedge, it does (14-6)/2 = 4 flat-surface damage

7) the CBC saw ruleset will be in use:

3.3: Extended Contact: Circular saws and drills will have their own damage scale, to better reflect the unique way in which they deal damage. In order to deal damage, a weapon will have to cut through its opponent's armour. It will do this at a rate of 1 armour x (power of saw) per ten seconds rounded to the nearest whole or down if it falls halfway. For example, a ten power saw will take six seconds to cut through six armour, while taking twelve to cut through twelve armour. An eight power drill will take ten seconds to cut through eight armour and 12.5 (rounded down to twelve) to cut through ten armour. Once a weapon has pierced, it will do a flat rate of 1 damage/second that it remains in contact. While this type of weapon will not receive weapon armour, the arm on which a circular saw or drill must be mounted will not require a point investment so long as the weapon in question has more than five points. The arm will be assumed to move at a speed equivalent to a three-point lifter. Points added into it will increase its speed up to an equivalent five-point lifter.

Arena:The Box.

45'x45' arena, mostly hazard-less. Robots start in the corners to make box rushing a bit more difficult. There's a 2 foot gap between the inner and outer walls, and the lexan is multi-layered and extremely thick. The inner red walls are 1.5 ft tall, meaning that with a bit of luck heavyweight clamps and lifters might even get a TKO via stranding. the purple extensions raise the wall height to 3'2", something that only powerful flippers and vertical spinners will be able to capitalize on. The floor is seamed, which could pose issues for hyper low bots.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: ROBOT3

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:40 pm

FEATHERWEIGHT: Found God in a Tomato

Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 / Armor: 6 (+2 top or weapon) OR / Weapon: 15 / Armor: 4

LIGHTWEIGHT: Venice Queen III

fat forks, forks, ABR, solid wedge. forks are hinged, everything else is shock mounted (which will act as hinged). CAN self right

Speed: 10 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 front)

MIDDLEWEIGHT: Visual Assault II

360* lifter. Duckface, ABR, forks.

Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 5 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+2 front)

HEAVYWEIGHT: Blackburn Kangaroo II

Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 7

OR

Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / Armor: 9 (+2 spinner)

also it has a lump now so it doesnt sit directly on the full radius of the disc fite me dylan :V

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:49 pm

In like sin.

Featherweight: Sixpounder

I wanted to have my own Hellhound, since it's an archetype I haven't done often before. I just wanted one that looks cool because I am an objectively better renderer than my brother, when he can be coaxed to render. Anyways, inspiration was wanting to make an American muscle-themed bot but then flipping through channels and seeing Ghost Rider, that terrible Nicholas Cage movie from like 15 years ago, on the TV last weekend. I knew what had to be done. A synthesis was created. A monster was born. I have regrets. The name comes from a Children of Bodom song.

Sixpounder by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

In terms of alternates, the 'vents' on the plow are removable and there are also removable wedgelets, sharpened spikes, and a Black Diamond-style overhead blocker incoming. The 'exhaust pipes' are replaceable with shortened versions.

Stats: 8/7/4/1/10 (+1 plow/overhead blocker) or 8/7/4/2/9 or or 8/7/4/0/11 (+2 plow/overhead blocker)

All alternate wedge and other options can be viewed in the following album:

Lightweight: MADSCIENCE

MADSCIENCE by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

MADSCIENCE is a melty-brain spinner with flamethrower nozzles that shoot green fire as well as an optional punching bar to help it escape wedges or situations where it might get stuck. In fights where the punching system is taken out to allow for more armour or upgraded drive, the bar sits locked in a neutral position. The flamethrower nozzles also sit dormant in those situations.

Stats: 16/1+5/1/2(1/1/1)/10(+2 teeth) -or- 16/1+5/1/1/11(+2 teeth, +1 top truss) -or- 16/1+5/1/2/10 (+2 teeth) -or- 16/1+5/1/2(1/1/1)/10(+1 teeth, +1 top truss)

For you people who think you're too good for sketchfab links, have a low-res imgur album instead. If you're too good for that, I'm sorry. I'm just not up to 'cardboard assisted design' levels yet.

Middleweight

This is mostly just here because it looks goddamned gorgeous: like a deadly hoverboard. That's right, I like my hoverboards deadly. I laugh in the face of danger, or something. Anyways, speaking of danger, journey into the depths with...

ABYSS

Abyss by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

4/2/1/16/7

It's a Black Dog-style drum spinner with removable wheelguards and front wedgelets. In fights where undercutters are an isssue, the light blue tips can come off, revealing much-shortened, rounded-off black nubs beneath that force engagement with the drum. It has 2WD skids for some wedging action, and is designed to be impossible to high-center.

Have an album for your crappy phone that can't run a sketchfab model. Also includes pics with all alternate config stuff

That's it for now.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Post by Shaba117 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Reserving

HW: Death Metal: Psychopath edition

As if this bot couldn't get any scarier (it scares me!)

Mostly the same bot, but with a meaner paint job. Also, the bar is slightly longer and I've traded the teeth for a sharp edge for this bar to cut through those armored wedges/plows/sloped surfaces. Of course, just like Tombstone, it can drive just fine inverted. I also kept the angled back from S1 Tombstone so it can't get stranded on its back.

I can adjust for different opponents by starting inverted to work more as an overcutter and can also run my blade in either direction, as well.

*Stats*
Spd:4 // Tra:2 // Tor:1 // Wpn:16 // Arm:7

Credit for the render goes to Badnik96

**EDIT: Dropping MW spot to allow HFL to add Hati**

**EDIT2: Dropping LW to open up a spot for someone newer**
Last edited by Shaba117 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Featherweight: HardWired III
Standard:
Alternative Wedge "Beaky":
Alternative Wedge "Letty":
Speed: 5 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 12 Armour: 7 (+2 Wedge)
The Dual-Disc Drummette of Doom (try saying that five times fast) is back! Special thanks to my IRL teammate Matt Smith for allowing me to use his CAD model. Obviously I can't put the TinkerCAD wedges on the original CAD so you'll have to use your imagination.

Lightweight: PneumatiX
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armour: 11
Two-wheel drive low-pressure Pneumatic Flipper with interchangeable wedgelets or wedge plate

Middleweight: Der Adder
Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 11 Armour: 7 (+2 Drum OR +2 to Anti-Axe plate)
2 Wheel-Drive, invertable Drum Spinner with interchangeable Wedgelet and top armour options. Any wedgelet option can be used with or without the additional top armour. The skirts are hinged with stoppers preventing them being pushed inward or stuck on the top of the robot. The wheels extend behind the main chassis so if it gets lifted from the front, the skirts will move up a bit and the wheels still have purchase on the floor. The flag pole is only there for decoration and will come off easily when flipped... or when I get a good enough hit even :^P.

Heavyweight: Night Jackal III
Ears are felt, whiskers are purely decorational as are the teeth (they do not collide with the bar in any way), wheelbase is larger than the Bar
Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Last edited by Botomatic1000 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:39 pm

I volunteer for the ROBOT 3 with my robots 4

FW: Post Traumatic Stress

Speed: 3 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 / Armor: 9

2WD SoW thing

LW: Storm Worm

ARC.exe has stopped working

4WD virus themed bot with two lifters on the front along with a flipping arm in between. And let's not forget the lifting arms on the sides for extra aesthetics and cool wall pins. First config is just your average setup with extra long forks to get underneath and aid the bot in lifting/flipping. The second config has two hardox plows which lack range of motion for lifting but can still press. The third config is the "balls of steel" config. The function is in the name, being two flat plows with enormous steel balls to deflect bots away better than with a normal plow shape. This one can lift perfectly fine although it's forks are much shorter. In the second picture are the hammer blockers as well, which are flexible Gabriel style plastic that will flex when the hammer hits the top. Said hammer blocker also covers the wheels if people try to go for Bombshell tactics. Small hoops on the flipper are connected to the flipper's top. In other words, it's connected to the flipper and won't impede it's movement. They're decorative and removable in order to make Storm Worm weakly invertible, not that it really needs to be anyway.

Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Torque: 3
Weapon: 5(3/3/3)
Armor: 10 (+1 front)

MW: Don't Strangle The Martian Horses

Mecanum 360° hammer. The hammer is powered by an internal KE flywheel. When the hammer fires forward it works like a normal hammer. When it fires backwards, it forcefully pushes it's body off the ground, allowing for the back wedge to act as a full body flipper. The hammer retracts via a smaller motor for the shaft. Rear plow is hinged at 30° angles, forks are hinged with no limiters (aside from the end of the hinge itself)

Speed: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 11
Armor: 8 (+2 rear plow)

HW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper II

4WD clamp attached to a 4 bar lifter. Both the plow and fork assemblies are on limited hinges. Support forks are powered electrically in order to provide better support when lifting and can move forward or backward on its own system respectively (is this enough, HFL? :V). Clamp can go a full 180 degrees and are mounted staggered with 30 degrees apart between them. Said clamp can also self right the bot along with the 4 bar. Clamp can be removed and support forks can be unpowered if I just want to use the lifter.

Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 5(3/3/3)(or just 5 weapon when the clamp and support forks are not in use. 13 armor here I come :V)
Armor: 9 (+2 plow)
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:46 pm

MW: Uptown Funk

Rear hinged flipper. Plate is the entire flat surface with the text/trumpets/etc. Forks are removable, can use either the outer two, middle two, all four or none. Wheels still do touch the ground if lifted from the front, the rear body where the wheels are angles upwards to allow that.

Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Weapon: 2
Armour: 10

HW: Blue Zenith

Fairly standard mid-cutter Tombclone sort of deal. The wheels are more indented into the body for a little more protection, and theres a backup hinged wedge on the back in case the weapon goes out. It has about a 30 degree range of motion in each direction from straight.

Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Weapon: 16
Armour: 7
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Let me sign up for all weight classes.
Also 16 weapon power cap :(

Potential Actual entries:
FW:Image
What do you mean that Image is not a legal name >:V
You want me to give it a secondary name, k
Call it Beaned if you want
As you can see, Image (or Beaned) is a 3 part clusterbot composed of BRICK, Mini Something and Coso.
Each of them represent 33% of the total weight.
StatsBRICKMini SomethingCoso
Speed:684
Traction:472
Torque:121
Weapon: 02(1 Lifter / 1 Clamp / 1 Flipper)9
Armor:9 (+3 to Wedge)14
BRICK
It's just a 2WD literal brick, compact design, the wheels come out a bit from the back so it doesn't get high centered, the front wedge gets all the armor. The thing can drive upside down.
Mini Something
Remember my HW from CBC3? Welp i just made a smaller version. Replaced the rear lifter with a flipper, modification i was planing on doing for the full sized ones anyways. It's your standard all speed no armor mecanum drive lifter/clamp minibot. It should have no problems working inverted. The rear wheels come out from the back so it can't get high centered. Remind me to add a device that makes it so it doesn't faceplant if it tries to lift anything.
Pic with the clamp up but most importantly it has the NEW Anti-Square-Wave-Syndrome-Device (the black thing in front) that now comes by default meaning that, unless i declare otherwise, it will be on so i can't forget about it, again.
Also this is the only thing stopping the lifter from rotating the full 360°.
Coso
GIGANT SAW with the colineal mecanum setup that people was talking about the other day, this bot has it for no good reason at all. This layout effectively gives the bot a 2WD wedge AND the ability to strafe, or really circlestrafe, tbh it will be used to compensate for the turning circle this bot would have otherwise. This bot has a large profile so other bots can actually fit in the dustpan. Like the other bots, the wheels come out from the back so it can't be high centered. The saw gets the 3 point arm for free as a bonus, it can use it to self right, the arm also keeps the saw itself from hitting the ground from behind.
Update: Now that we have CBC3 saw rules, this shit got real.

LW: <3
Stats:
  • Speed: 5
  • Traction: 3
  • Torque: 1
  • Weapon: 14 (-1 for each if using dual hammers) OR 11(again -1 if dual hammers)
  • Armor: 7 OR 10(+3 plow)
Dual sideways hammer bot that also has mecanums. Intended to hit bots from the side instead of the front or top.
Can also swap out the hammers for a single top mounted normal-ass hammer that's slightly more powerful.
The front wedgelets are hinged.
And yes they work when upside down, here is proof of it
The wedgelets can be swapped with a thick plow that gets extra armor at the cost of power from the hammers, this can be done regardless of whatever i am using the single or dual hammers.
There is also a variant of the plow that has prongs to fight vertical spinners and stuff.
Said Anti-vert wedge

MW: Pressure Flop
Of course i can't be me without my cheap bots.
Sketchfab model that i made as a test
Stats:
  • Speed: 1
  • Traction: 1
  • Torque: 1
  • Weapon: 19 (15 Hammer / 4 Turret)
  • Armor: 10
Walker with a hammer mounted on a turret.
The walking system is effectively 4 linear actuators mounted on some rails.
Have fun.
Moar pictures
Close up on the walking system that apparently is required now

HW: Omnicrap 2.0
Yes, i am swapping out my entry on the last second, turns out that this is the worst field possible for a 5-part clusterbot where all of them have only 2 armor, have a wedge instead.
Seriously, Right now there are 6 horizontal spinners signed up in this division(one in the waiting list i think) and all of them are pretty much insta-loss for ClusterFAQ.
The sequel to my REDDIT entry, featuring the new dual lifter™ system that solves all the problems of the original, mainly giving it a pressing wedge and a way to self right.
Said system gives the lifter even more flexibility, removing the need for different linkages.
Also new flamethrower mounted directly on the front wedge itself.
There is also a armor config where the weapons get downgraded for extra armor.
The wedges are interchangeable, 2 for the normal config and 3 for the high armor one.
The side panels-skirts-wedgelets-thingys are hinged, they can also removed if i need to for some reason.
And of course, it has 6 Omniwheels for that juicy holomonic drive.
Should be more effective on the standard rule set that this tournament is running on, but on the other hand there is no hazards i can shove stuff into here and OOTAs are unlikely.
Stats:
  • Speed: 8
  • Traction: 7
  • Torque: 3
  • Weapon: 5 (3 bottom lifter / 3 top lifter / 3 flamethrower)
  • Armor: 7
Armor Config:
  • Weapon: 2 (1 bottom lifter / 1 top lifter / 1 flamethrower)
  • Armor: 10(+3 wedge(forks, plow or hammer blocker wedge))
The rest of the wedges
Weird ass wedge with the long prong. The red things are hinged wedgelets besides the main wedge for some reason, the flamethrower is right on the tip. The red things are removable btw.
Anti-vert forks for the high armor config.
Plow for the high armor config.
Hammer-blocker wedge, also for the high armor config. Notice the removed wedgelets, removing them is required for this to work so when i say Hammer-blocker in my config declaration it's implied that i remove them.
Also here it can be seen that the bot has a healthy ground clearance underneath the hinged wedgelets.
Last edited by YSMQTHLQYH on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:17 pm

All in!

Aquatic Robotics Presents...

FW: The Terrible Toad Twins

Sketchfab Render
A pair of 2WD vertical spinners. The design is based on the fire bellied toad, which is a really cool looking frog. They've got some rollers behind the spinners to keep them mobile if they're upside down.

5 Speed / 4 Traction / 1 Torque / 7 Weapon / 9 Armor (Each)

LW: Admiral

Sketchfab Render
A 2WD rear-hinged flipper. That's about it.

7 Speed / 6 Traction / 1 Torque / 6 Weapon / 10 Armor

MW: Whirlpool

Sketchfab Render
A 3WD horizontal spinner with wedgelets on the side. Yeah, it's sideways too.

In addition, the rear of the robot is taller than the front.

As a result, it's tilted when inverted.

4 Speed / 3 Traction / 1 Torque / 15 Weapon / 7 Armor

HW: Sideswipe

Sketchfab Render
A turret lifter. The turret spins 360 degrees and the lifter goes as high as it can with the hydraulic pistons fully extended (you'll have to use your imagination for that one.)

The spikes on the plow can be removed, as an optional configuration.

5 Speed / 4 Traction / 3 Torque / 5 Weapon (3 turret, 3 lifter) / 13 Armor (+1 plow/forks)
Last edited by attackfrog on Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Oh hi there. I can't figure out how to resize images on the new site so please excuse the post length.

FW: Mudcrab

Speed: 6
Weapon: 9
Armor: 8

Runner-up at the original ROBOTS, back at it again after disposing of its abomination of a sequel. 2WD drum spinner with free-spinning claws make a hard-to-flank design and just enough power in the weapon to knock some wheels off of other spinners. This time, it comes with an optional plow attachment for dealing with those pesky undercutters.

MW: White Cat

Traction: 3
Armor: 6

2WD drum. Works a bit differently than intended to avoid having two control spinners on my team, because that would be boring. The wedgelets are specially designed to allow inverted operation, and the drum is reversible.

HW: Saturnian Wristwatch

Weapon: 15
Armor: 7

3WD single-tooth horizontal spinner. Yes, those are supposed to be omniwheels. A low and wide hard-hitter that's so confident you can't hit it first, it uses its own wheels as bait. Fully invertible and ready to delete some wedges.

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:21 pm

Time to do this again.

FW: Black Dog 3

The infamous all-offense drum spinner has moved down to FW because it might have a few good matchups. Design is invertible and can gyro back over pretty reliably if needed. All and any teeth and wheel shields are removable. Old render being posted here because the new one's not done yet.

6/4/1/14/5 (+1 drum)

HW: Hellhound

You know what it is, you know what it does, you know what it looks like. The dog is back to chew on your shoes, shit on your carpet, growl at your kid, and hump your leg, and there ain't shit you can do about it.

360 breaker box lifter with optional hammer blocker, wedge teeth, and fangs for impaling lowarmourbois. There's also a config that ditches the weapon motor for a slightly thicker plow. New render coming soon. For now, have this old POS:

8/7/4/1/10 (+1 plow) or 8/7/4/0/11 (+2 plow)
Last edited by Madman on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:17 pm

FW - Kirby

Traction: 2

The star of the show. Can switch between four "copy abilities", each suited to different opponents. All Most mechanics for the weapons are stored in the robot's side pods, and the drive is controlled by the center pod.

Yes, that is N64 Dream Land in the background.

Star Rod (pink)
Armor: 9
Weapon: 14

The default setup, and also deals the most damage. Powered by 2 motors in the side pods. I pull this out when someone tries to clown it up and fights me with a pure brick.

Needle (yellow)

Obnoxiously wide drum with a zillion spikes for opponents with low armor. Motors are located right behind the drum in those hyuge boxes.

Fire (red)

Axles are located on the leftmost/rightmost sides. Might pull this out against the occasional vert or multibot.

Suplex (green)
Armor: 11 (+2 blue)
Weapon: 12

Flipper setup is hinged. It was halfway through building this setup that I realized this is just Patchouli from R4. Lol welp oh well. This is my designated spinner-killer. And I DO mean "kill". As in, a garden variety 7 armor spinner is almost in one-hit-KO range. Yikes.

LW - Y.V.

Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Weapon: 5

anti-spinner plow:
Armor: 10 (+3 plow)
Weapon: 2

He likes money and has a lot of it.

MW - Epicer Waluigi

Traction: 1
Armor: 8

It's not the best splash, but it's the one this bot deserves.

Dual discs are operated off the same axle (i.e. it's basically one disc and not some point-penalty Counter-Revolution setup). The bob-ombs turn into actual explosives whenever my opponent forfeits. Haha yes.

HW - MUL-T

Auto-Nailgun (drum)
Armor: 8 (+1 drum)
Weapon: 13

Rebar Puncher (hammer)

MUL-T is a hammer comparable to HAN-D (see CBC3), but with added versatility at the cost of weight. As in, the weapon can be swapped out with a more durable drum.
Last edited by V900 on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:01 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Post by Tcrrr » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Code Red Robotics Here, Reserving for all weight classes
FW: OwO bot 2000

OWO BOT 2000 (5) by Codered379 on Sketchfab

6 speed
4 traction
1 torque
12 weapon
7 armor (+2 wedge)
This bot is invertible, and it can right itself with the disc if need be

LW: Star Spangled
Flipper fired

Star Spangled Flipper Fired (4) by Codered379 on Sketchfab

Flipper Closed

Star Spangled Flipper Fired (3) by Codered379 on Sketchfab

7 speed
6 traction
1 torque
4 weapon
12 armor
This is a front hinged flipper if you don't know already, and this thing will oota stuff and kick ass

MW: Hurricane
Flipper Fired

Hurricane Flip (3) by Codered379 on Sketchfab

Flipper Closed

Hurricane Flip (4) by Codered379 on Sketchfab

5 Speed
3 Traction
1 torque
13 weapon
8 armor
I am going full inertia labs with this, I saw that HS are super weak here so I have swapped out pizza for this thing

HW: Shadow Mk 6
it has 6 speed, 4 traction, 1 torque, 13 weapon, 6 armor (+2 weapon)
Here are the hinged wedgelets

Shadow Mk 6 by Codered379 on Sketchfab

Here is the non-wedgelet config, this is for battles against bots that
A. facing robots with a better wedge
B. facing big spinners so I can tank hits with the drum

Shadow Mk 6 vanilla by Codered379 on Sketchfab

Last edited by Tcrrr on Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Team Ignition

FW: Black Salvo
4wd wedge or something. no longer has the secret motors because i realized they were dumb

now in two tantalizing flavors: d2 wedge or underall forks. the hammer blocker can be attached to the forks setup if necessary

Speed: 9
Weapon: 0
Armor: 10 (+2 wedge)
Traction: 8

LW: Nuclear Plague
2wd undercutter that swaps with a drum spinner when it gets bored. spikes on the back to keep it from being stranded, marked out by the green pinstripes. The drum can self-right utilizing drum kickback and some reverse momentum.

HS:

VS:
Weapon: 12
Armor: 9 (+2 wedge)

MW: NKC
2wd dustpan saw with two configurations: one has a pontoon wedge with lifting forks set in between that are geared to raise up when the saw lowers, giving it an effective power of 3. The second one removes this lifter in order to fit a heavier wedge with no gaps. This season, saw power has been toned down so I can improve the drive.

Weapon: 5
Armor: 11 (+2 to the wedge)

HW: Doomerang
"melties are nonviable" - everyone

9 wheel drive melty brain that is going to lose every fight because writers do not understand basic physics

the drive gearboxes in this robot can be swapped out with differently- geared ones for more speed and less control. These gearboxes also use different wheels for less grip that look the same, just made out of a harder rubber compound.

Standard config:
Speed: 13
Weapon: 3
Armor: 10 (+1 to the thwack teeth)
Traction: 3 (+5 melty-brain spinup bonus for a total of 8)

YOLO config:
Speed: 15
Weapon: 3
Armor: 10 (+1 to the thwack teeth)
Traction: 1 (+5 melty-brain spinup bonus for a total of 6)
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Billy5545

Post by Billy5545 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:40 pm

FW: Antbar and SawnDisc Gen II
Antbar_Gen_II.png
Antbar_Gen_II.png (155.02 KiB) Viewed 9058 times
SawnDisc Gen II.png
SawnDisc Gen II.png (231.07 KiB) Viewed 9058 times
Our featherweight cluster, which was adapted from our two different antweights and two different featherweights that competed in other tournaments before. Now having roughly the same weight each to become a Featherweight cluster, it consists of a vertical bar spinner and a horizontal saw spinner, both replicated exactly from antweights. They both also have wedgelets to help their wedging, while SawnDisc Gen II is invertible. Wedgelets are also interchangeable on SawnDisc Gen II

Stats:
Antbar Gen II: 4/2/1/11/6
SawnDisc Gen II: 4/2/1/12/5

LW: OverCutter

A lightweight that is a part of our signature OverChopper bot line, it was built according to the Gen III design, and made before OverChopper Gen III in fact. It features an angled bar that is angled at 30 degrees, as well as very fast. It is also 2WD, and can self right using the bar

Stat: 4/3/1/15/7

MW: Di-Trouble Gen II

An upgrade to one of our first middleweights, it now become a HUGE inspired design. It features two discs, both powered by a single motor. It also has forks of the same size on the front and back, to prevent the bot's chassis from rolling to either the back or especially the front, as well as allow it to move. The forks can also press without any separate mechanism while moving to the front, allowing for wedging. It is invertible too.

Stat: 5/3/1/14/7

HW: V2
V2_HW.png
V2_HW.png (461.34 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
Our heavyweight bot, it is a two tracked vertical drisc spinner, with four set of teeth, featuring two each on each set. It's wedgelets can be hinged 20 degrees downward, or static. Also, the tracks are made to roll freely to provide invertibility to the bot when overturned. It has parts to prevent the weapon from hitting the ground too when inverted.

Stat: 5/3/1/13/8 (+2 wedge)
Last edited by Billy5545 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:10 am, edited 15 times in total.